Kiriku 9, Narva, Estonia
Estonian State Real Estate Ltd
Interior and Architecture
Margit Argus, Katariina Teigar, Margit Aule, Karina Kerstinov
Alexander’s Cathedral in Narva is a functional church built in 1884. Additionally, it is designed to work as a concert hall accommodating around a thousand people.
The church needed supportive functions such as the concertmaster’s dressing and rehearsal rooms, restrooms for the visitors, and a cash register. Without disrupting the architecture, the solution brings the serving spaces underground, leaving only a small pavilion on the ground.